Thursday, August 25, 2011

Heartbreaking.....

 ....and true Abigail Renae is a Kindergartener.  The night before Aaron  came home from work early to our surprise and we rented" Rango" and made a fort in Abi's honor. It was fun, yet  amazing that 5 years went by that fast. Then daddy who is wonderful pulled Abi unto his lap and expressed all the wonders of Kindergarten and it was sweet. Nothing as sexy as your hubby being a daddy. Then he gave Abi and I blessings for a wonderful year, teacher, and bravery.

  Before I knew it that pesky alarm rang and on came my brave face. We got dressed Abi looked so darn cute!

Then came time to take her into school. I braced myself and smiled gave her a watch and a necklace that made her brave. Off we went. We found her room, teacher, and kissed. Then came this face and those oh so  pretty swelled with tears. Nothing like knowing the difference between what your child wants and needs. I would have  grabbed her in my arms and ran.  To be honest I am pretty sure the only reason why that did not happen was because Aaron gave me the look.  You know the one Husbands give where they seem to say" Think this threw before you do it"
Finally the end of the day came I got her and Kindergarten is getting easier and better everyday! Now only 7 more months to go!


5 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh gosh... I HATE school! Ab's looks darling and her teacher is so lucky to have her. Nothing better than school fathers blessings. I cried through all the kids and then mine. I needed to take notes so I can look back on all the things that were said when I get frustrated with school.

I Loved the hut.. us Thompson Family dig huts! Wish we could have joined your for a lil fun!

The necklace and watch is a cute idea.

I loved your last post. I read it and cried and cried. I was just in the hospital and had the best nurse who loved me and took care of me. I love those people for taking such good care of you. Lucky them for having such a Awesome patient to take care of.

I LOVE YOU..
Be Brave tomorrow morning.. and enjoy your weekend!

PaPa said...

The journey is never easy,BUT we have been promised that it is worth it!
It seems like yesterday that each of our babies were born.NOW i am a PaPa with MANY BLESSINGS in my life.Miss Abi will grow into a fine young lady because of her great parents and the talents the Lord gave to her.Cherish the moments and look ahead.
Love PaPa

Laurel Shaw said...

The saddest part is that time goes by even faster now that they are in school! We moms have to remember to relish every second with them!!
She looked so adorable on her first day! So STYLIN'!!!

The Jackson Family said...

It is heartbreaking to see her go into Kindergarten but I will say as hard as it is to realize how fast time does go I look forward to the future and watching her grow more and more! 7 more months and she will be a first grader! :)

lots of xoxo!

that1gamer2know said...

Love the first day of school outfit. Whoever helped you pick it out and find your credit card that day must be one heck of a friend... :D

I may build a fort for my family. Fun!