Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I am way behind!!! ......


 Girls camp!!!!! It was so much fun and this year one of my favorite ladies Casey Gentle was the Captain. Our theme this year was TREASURE SEEKERS. With the 13th article of faith as the main inspiration.  I was asked to do crafts which was the best.  I had a great time in fact I think some of the ladies had a better time than the youth. Even with some changes such as 2 days 1 night in the air conditioned ward building and the Holiday Inn for sleeping. Hear are some of my favorite moments.



 Crafts we did wooden blocks that were burnt and we put vinyl on that said " seek the treasure you desire the most" and added some wire and pictures to put on top. We also did scrapbooks, i was so relieved that they were a hit!
  Marley Barely she and I can find fun anywhere!
  Skipper skipping and twirling.
 Treasure hunting......  The girls came in and to get their next clue had to put p-nut butter crackers in their mouths and whistle. It was FUNNY!

 I shared a room with to of my best friends Cassie and Katheryn. We were up ALL night chatting and laughing!
  Then to add to the fun we listened as Cassie prank called the other rooms. With such hits as .....Is your refrigerator running. No matter how old you get it is just fun!
 Then when that got old and we had all showered Cassie got the urge for Waffle house and off we went. 
 Then the next morning we were off with crafts.
  Then that night Katheryn, Marley and I had a hilarious and a  not very reverent moment. Oh, I still smile when I think about it. We were soooo tired!
 This is the great women I got to  join and it was a great 2 days!!! Their are really some great women in our stake who LOVE the young women. I am thankful I got to get my " spiritual tank" filled.

3 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

It sounds like so much fun!! They sure know the right person to get for crafts!! You're the best there is!

Kelly said...

How in the world did I miss out on the PARTY? I was up sweating to death in the dust and dirt and bugs when I was at camp in florida. How in the world did you all work the Holiday Inn..? That sounds like Heaven! Wish I could have joined in on all the fun! Miss you all

that1gamer2know said...

Prank calls? Me?? NEVER!!!!!