Thursday, October 20, 2011

Vaction day 1 and 2

 Last week we had the best week ever. We went to one of my favorite places on earth  North Georgia in the fall.  It is my happy place. We woke up and left our house Saturday morning at 3:00. Harris is not a morning person could you tell? To my joy the kids were perfect on the way up. I was soooo relieved.

The first day I brought my camera but it was out of batteries so bummer we have NO pictures. The cabin was a amazing, the view was gorgeous, and the leaves were full of so many colors that it took my breath away. We went to our cabins ran around checking the place out, unpacked, went to a art show, rode a train, went to the grocery store, came home and then.............. I fell down the stairs. Which made my perfect day a little less perfect. You are all very lucky because I was truly tempted to take a picture of the right side of my bum to show you the massive bruise I got. 

DAY 2
 We woke up and  Nana and grumps were there with us. We went to a apple orchard were we had the best time. If you wanted to do something they had it there for you to.




 We first got into a covered wagon that was being pulled my mules and took a ride all around, then we watch a bee tamer, picked apples, played on a playground, rode a pony well Abi did Harris was terrified, did a zip line, milked a cow, and went to loved on cute little baby animals in the petting zoo.
 My favorite was watching Harris and Abi with all the little babies.  Chicks, goats, sheep, wolf, kittens, bunnies,  a calf, a pig and lots of chickens.

 Harris wanted so badly to touch one of the chicken but he was just to slow then he discovered were they were hiding and he was off. He had all the chicken cornered and if it were not for his hysterical laughing I would have thought I lost him.


Mam-maw requested that the kids find and bring home rocks so once we were back to the cabin we went on a rock hunt.
I made dinner, Vicki played with the kids, and the boys played some pool.
 Here is where all the "magic" happened. Vacations are nice if  only for a all the good "magic" =)
The Living room
The kitchen and  the loft  that Mike and Vicki had.  The stairs we so cool the way they did it.
 The back porch with the rocking chairs. At night Aaron and I would make some hot chocolate and wrap up in a blanket and talk all night long. It was so peaceful and romantic.

 Tomorrow I will share even more. We had a great time. I fell in love with Aaron all over again. I can not wait to  go again. I had a handsome man, 2 gorgeous kids, and the most beautiful colors in the world. It was as close to perfect as you can get.
















5 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

Amanda Gail... I am glad you okay! Thanks for not sharing the picture of your bum and just sharing pictures of the kids! :) Looks like you guys had a fabulous time! Love you!

Kelly said...

That does sound perfect! I'm soo glad u had Fun! Minus the fall.. My gosh scary! Wish I was at the bottom of the stairs to catch you! Or at least bake u a yummy to help make u feel better! It sounds delightful! Harris looks like a perfect lil farmer. Can't wait for more...

Laurel Shaw said...

Don't make me want a VACATION!!
Katheryn already did that!I want to get away from it all!!
That orchard sounds great!!
Next time we want to go with ya!!
and yea...that falling down the stairs thing sounds awful! glad you're ok! Love ya:))
I can't wait to see the rest!

PaPa said...

Glad you had a good time
LY Baby Girl,

Katheryn said...

You and your "magic". You are so cute! I'm loving your vacation. I can't wait to see more!