Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Saturday I woke up all alone. I am always the first one up. Aaron had packed bags for the kids, made babysitting arrangements.... (THANK YOU, NANA!) and was dressed and waiting on me. He had remembered amazingly enough that on that day 6 years ago we went on our very first date. We dropped the kids off, and drove to Gainesville to the beautiful botanical gardens. It was a great day. It was amazing weather. Flowers are one of the things I love in this world so it was perfect. Then we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse, YUMMY! Last we were off to the golf course in Stark. Then we came home and played outside on the swing set with the kiddos until Aaron went off to priesthood. After that the kids and I baked some sugar cookies for Mr. Easter bunny and off to bed. It was a great day. Full of a few of my favorite things and people.

At the Garden there was this tree that looked just like the thorny bush in Sleeping Beauty at the end of the movie. It was like being in a Disney movie.



All the Dogwood tree's were blooming it was beautiful and smelled outstanding.


They have a children's garden and this bush's limbs were all kinked and crimped.




Aaron saw this little earth worm crawling across from the walk way and since Abi was not there Aaron leaned right over and took it to safety.





We were off to enjoy the wonderful weather and Aaron played golf while I drove the cart. I love watching him play golf and focus. He made a record and hit 2 birdies in 9 holes. Which is when you hit the ball in the hole 1 stroke under par. I learned some new words and I also really enjoyed learning and watching him. It was perfect! Thanks babe, for being sweet and thoughtful







6 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

That is incredibly thoughtful! I love it. Good job Aaron, how bout a nice pat of the back...Mandi you know who can teach him to do that for himself! :) I want to go down to the botanical gardens. Evidently they have a great one close to Mark's hometown. I really want to go there sometime. Looks like an awesome day together.

Katheryn said...

What a perfect day! Aaron is definitely a keeper :) We have never been to the botanical gardens in Gainesville - we might just have to make a little trip down there!

Laurel Shaw said...

HE is such a sweetie pie! That place looks really cool. You guys are always doing such fun things together!!

Laurel Shaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Sounds like a good anniversary trip! Aaron is such a thoughtful guy!

Stacy Pettersen said...

I never knew Aaron played golf!