Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ONE big year!!!



I decided while the kids were asleep I would blog about Harris' big day tomorrow and how lucky I feel to be his mom. I know every women in the world feels deep love and joy at being a mother. I as well look at my life and feel completely blessed. To have all my dreams come true and the knowledge that I only have to try to be the best person I can be and do my part and I can have my family forever. What a Life! I remember very well on this night one year ago thinking about how our family would change and was I really going to be able to love another child like I loved Abigail. Then I held my son in my arms and knew I had just started a life long love affair. I had a son. I love both of my children not one more than the other just differently. When I dream of my dream future for my daughter I think of a education, a temple marriage, a love for herself and a understanding of the depth of the love not only Aaron and I have for her but the love her heavenly father has for her. I want her to love being a women. When I held Harris for the first time I had dreams of kindness, respect, a mission,a temple marriage and a love for the priesthood. I hope he knows the values that are so amazing about being a man, a husband and a father. I hope he realizes the strength and the impact of being not only a worthy priesthood holder is but a son of God. I am thankful so thankful that I have my children. I am amazed at the funny, loving, and wise things that they say and do. I think back to a year ago and wonder how I ever made it threw life without him. I am 100% in love with EVERYTHING he does. I love how even at one year old he looks at his daddy like I do. I love how he cuddles with me when I need a little cuddle time. I love how he plays and adores Abi. I do not know how we ever enjoyed mornings without hearing him on the monitor announcing he is up, or waddling around the house with his tiny little legs, or hearing the infectious giggle. I am so thankful for my family! I am thankful for a year full of love and blessings. Most of all I am thankful for Harris. I love you, son!

4 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

Happy Birthday Harris!

Casey Gentle said...

Happy Birthday Hare-Bear! Marky can't wait to rock out with you in a year or so. We can't wait to celebrate your special day with you!! I'll bring the red velvet cookies!! :) We love you!!

Katheryn said...

He really is just so sweet. I hope he has the best 1st birthday ever!

Janie Mueller said...

I hope he has a wonderful day!