Sunday, February 14, 2010

We like to PARTY!

You are looking at the cutest one year old ever!
First, I would like to publicly apologize to the Jarvis family.... for the record I sent you guys a invite I just got it mailed back to me because I wrote my own address instead of yours. Since I only sent them on Monday I got it back to me Friday but of course I did not check my mail until today. We missed you and would have loved to have you celebrating with us.... SORRY!

We had Harris' first birthday party on Saturday and due to the crazy amounts of rain we celebrated with most of the people we love in our tiny little house. Thanks for showing your love everyone. We did it in a monster theme and ate some yummy pizza and sweet cake. Since we were in the house we gathered all the little ones and ventured out into the wet and cold to play some relay games. All the kids were to little to pop the balloons, but it was fun watching them try. Then we looked up and our men had disappeared and were across the street helping our neighbor who had his truck stuck in mud..... What good men we all have!
When we went back inside we did the cake. Harris had his own little chocolate cake. He did not like it and once given a yellow cake he was in love. It was so cute! I bent over to try to get him to share and he was only willing to share the chocolate cake. After a quick bath we were off to open all the presents.
Thanks everyone. Our family is lucky to have so many great friends and family! One of our many favorite gifts was the one the Clarkson family gave him. We were banging balls all night....... no really that's what the package said. We had a great time and enjoyed watching as everyone we love had fun and shared in celebrating our son. He is great and it was a great day. Thanks again for all of you and all you did and shared with us this last year!
The 2 babies on the Graden side.... both a year old.


Mam-Maw and Harris



Daddy, Harris and Abigail getting ready to blow out his candles.


Harris sharing the chocolate cakeChocolate vs. yellow. Which do you think won?
I love that face!!!!! Dirty and all I just want to kiss it!









6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh I love that lil kid! He is sooo Sewwwt! Love the photo of him asleep working that thumb! Wish I could give him a Birthday Kiss! Loved seeing your Cute Mom

Katheryn said...

Well, the missing invitation must have fate at work because the kids already had a special day planned with Nana that day so we probably wouldn't have been able to come. We sure do love Harris though and are very happy that he had such a wonderful birthday!!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

What a fun birthday! I am so glad that you changed the look of your blog because for some reason I couldn't read the words for the past couple of weeks. So, I had a lot of catch-up to do!

Oh, and the concert looks like it was GREAT... you should pass on that suggestion to Jon. I would die if he ever got us tickets to a concert.

Laurel Shaw said...

He is the cutest! Sorry we missed the party. I hope he is feeling better! Glad I can read your blog again!

Laurel Shaw said...

p.s. I love your new background. it's so cute!

adrienzgirl said...

Happy Birthday to Harris! Yeah! It looks like he had a great birthday!