Monday, February 8, 2010

Music, Surprises, and John Mayer

Aaron always has a way of catching me off guard with a wonderful surprise or being sweet and AMAZING! For example I love John Mayer and ever since I found out about him coming to Jacksonville I have been talking about how I would LOVE to go. However with the kids birthdays and life I knew we would be better to save the money for a rainy day. In the mean time Aaron was saving and I was surprised Saturday with tickets to his concert. We love music. Every memory I have with him for the most part I think of a song that was playing, or a song that reminds me of that moment. I love the way you feel when you hear a song. When we got tothe arena Aaron had bought the practical tickets which I was thrilled with whether a nose bleed was received during the concert or not. However once we climbed all the way up to our seats we were greeted by an employee who said that there wear empty seats in section L and we could upgrade if we wanted. Once we got to our new seats we were delighted to find out we were 10 rows back right next to the stage. The seats were amazing! The opening band was Micheal Franti and Spearhead. I love them! They were a happy reggae type of group and most of their songs were about love. Then came John Mayer who was AMAZING! Aaron who likes all music but certainly would prefer some head banging and "rocking" even enjoyed it because he would play these unbelievable guitar solos. It was perfect!


Then he played my all time favorite song "Say". I thought that was fantastic until to my excitement he played a cover of Fleetwood Mac. Which is band I have grown up listening to with my mom and dad. It was a perfect night, a perfect surprise and a perfect date! Thanks for always keeping me on my toes and loving me! I love you, Jammes! Thanks for keeping our marriage F-U-N!