Thursday, February 10, 2011

My big brother


  This is my big brother Robbie. I happen to think he is wonderful and since I do not really ever mention him and this is my family journal I figured I better take a chance to say that I love him. This past year like most has been a wild ride for our family. I look back with a lot of emotion. First for how lucky I am and, second for the  love that my heavenly father has for me and my family. I look back and smile at the obvious things my heavenly father has blessed our family with and Robbie is one of them. He has always made me fell loved and strong. Growing up I knew with out doubt that he loved me and would protect me no matter what. Thinking back he really saved me from making a lot of dumb decisions.  It is a blessing to have a big brother. I remember in 9th grade I had to write a essay on who my hero was and it was my brother. The admiration I have for him is beyond words. Growing up our life was wild and  full of trails. All the surgeries and struggles and I can say I have never felt any guilt or frustration for the struggles my legs caused. He loved my and fought with like the rest of my family for me. He is strong, loyal, loving, funny, talented and a wonderful friend. I am so proud of the road he is on and I  hope that one day he finds the peace and happiness he deserves.  He is a great brother. I am thankful for him!

3 comments:

that1gamer2know said...

I am so thankful I have a big brother, too. I was even more excited to have my son first and daughter second so she will know what it's like to have a big bubba to love and protect her. Big brothers are the best!!! Thanks for sharing your feelings about Robbie.

Katheryn said...

He looks great in that picture! I am so happy that things are going so well. He sure is lucky to have a sister like you!

Casey Gentle said...

Robbie looks awesome! Most certainly had to do a double-take, didn't recognize him. Having a big brother is pretty awesome--someone to always love and watch out for you. Katheryn's right, he's lucky to have you.