Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas



We started off the morning with total happiness. Abi loved her Barbies and Harris jumped right in his jeep.  Santa did a good job. Then we unwrapped presents. The winners:

*Harris- His little lap top it now goes to bed every night with it
*Abi- Her walking dog. She named him Marley
*Mandi- Aaron downloaded all my music cd's onto   my phone and surprised me with it.
*Aaron- Cold hard cash. He has been saving for      a new gun. He was beyond happy.







Then we were off to mom and dad's for the traditional Christmas breakfast that dad makes every year. Yummy ham, and cheese eggs, homemade biscuits, pancakes oh it it delicious.



 Then it was gift time and the kids were so ready. They walked in to piles of gifts all from mam-Maw and Papa.  They are some lucky little ones they have the BEST Mam-Maw and Papa ever.







The Best gift of the day Papa and Mam-Maw got Harris a little drum set and he loved it.

  Then we were of to Nana and Grumps house. This time Harris and Abi both knew exactly what to do and as soon as Nana said open the presents they got busy. My favorite moment was when Harris saw his Choo-Choo train. I really looked at him and thought to myself " my little baby is a boy- a little boy" Oh it was sad and so exciting to think of all the fun things I will get to do with him.



 Then I saw this sweet little moment when I turned around. Abi and Nana was teaching Abi how to play "old Maid" It was adorable. She was listening to every word.
 Then we came home and took some naps and then played until the street lights came on. It was so fun! I love being a mommy!




  I walked in  Harris' room later that night to see Harris with a smile bigger than you can imagine, cuddled up with Aaron watching his Choo-Choo train go around the tracks. Then I went into Abi's room and she had all of her pretty pretty princess game and was just waiting for me to play. Once again my heart melted.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

SCORE! Looks like you made a haul with all the presents but most of all with all the fun family time. Oh its rough being a way from family on the holidays!

I am coming into town Jan 22. I wanna know if we can all get together and do dinner that night? I would LOVE to see you all! No pressure if it doesn't work. Just thought it would be fun.

love you

Laurel Shaw said...

What a wonderful Christmas!!!
Kids make it so fun!!
Oh- we totally should get our babies together to play!

Katheryn said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas! You sure have some cute kids!

Janie Mueller said...

Holy Cow!! Can I be one of your kids?? FUN FUN FUN If I could fit in Harris' car I would come over and take it out for a spin:) Happy to see you up and palying with your babies;)