Monday, January 3, 2011

Lisa and Clay Gardners wedding!!!!!

       
The day before Lisa's wedding was WILD!!! Lisa's sister had welcomed and brand new baby into their family so understandably Mom, Dad, and Myself took over and they enjoyed their new little one. I put dad & mom to work right away. Mom painted frames as a decoration for the walls and dad helped me wrap all the ribbon and twine around the Mason jars. The best part is that including food and everything  for the reception I think we did it for all under $500. Which I am sooo proud of the outcome.




 Then we were off later that day from a town called Mona up to Salt lake city for the rehearsal dinner that Clays family so kindly invited us to. They looked adorable!

 Then that night  we were back down to Manti to the hotel in a snow storm which was CRAZY! Then all the girls and the bride stayed up chatting about all the things she has to look forward to on the wedding night! It was so much fun!
 Then the following morning we woke up and got ready. Lisa looked amazing! We were looking for a place for Clay and Lisa to see one another before the temple sealing and I just happened to spot this old barn outside of the hotel we were staying at. It was so funny to see her all gorgeous with snow boots and so sweet when clay saw her.


 The sealing was really sweet. The temple was amazing and I could not be reminded of how blessed I am for all the sacrifices that those pioneers made. I could not even imagine the amount of love they must have had for one another and the gospel.
 Then we raced back to the ward building where we were greeted with a Funereal. Which was a surprise since it was supposed to over and gone. Instead  we shared the building and all the kitchen space which was in no other worlds a huge test of patience. We had one little counter and the stove. In the end sister Wheeler the cook stepped in and the food was loved and wonderful. The center pieces had a wood plaque and a mason jar with some flowers from Costco and a picture of the 2 of them. I loved them!
 Behind the head table where Lisa and Clay sat was little flags held up with clothes pins and on the top one it said " Love is kind of a big deal" One of the brides favorite sayings and underneath was pictures of the 2 of them during the courtship. It was really cute.
 The food table
 The cake
 The flowers for the head table
 The first dance
My good bye with Lisa! I was so thankful to be able to be there and thanks to her parents and my talents. I was able to be there. I meant the world to me. I was also sooooo thankful for my mom and dad I really could not have done it with out them. I am so happy fir the 2 of them and the future the are ready to enjoy together.

3 comments:

Casey Gentle said...

All the flowers, the jars, the wood pieces, EVERYTHING LOOKS AWESOME. You seriously are SO talented. Lisa is lucky to have a friend as wonderful as you. I'm pretty lucky, too. And your parents are super mega awesome for being a part of it all.

Laurel Shaw said...

A perfectly sweet wedding for a sweet sweet girl! I love Lisa! She is always smiling! You did a great job helping her have a perfect day!
You've got some kind of talent girl!!!!
Those center pieces are amazing! and that picture of them in snow! I love it! Blessing to the Newly Weds!

Katheryn said...

I love the decorations! They are so simple, yet so adorable. Only you could have come up with something like that!