Saturday, November 13, 2010

6 years!

 Aaron and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on October 30th. With all the craziness of that week I did not post our fun date but I wanted to make sure to share. Aaron decided he was going to plan everything since have been a little crazy for me. He planned a great day in St. Simmons Island in Georgia.  He really planned everything from the food to the babysitter. I was highly impressed!
 We ate at this restaurant named Barbra Jeans. Oh it was yummy! I had  shrimp and crap cakes. Aaron had gumbo with red beans and rice. We were both stuffed.
 Then we went to all the little shops and got to walk hand in hand loving the cool weather and a kid-less day.
 Then we went to this old colonial historical site. It was so neat! Below is the foundation for a old colonial home. It was tiny I mean tiny. I often wish my home was bigger but seeing that families of 10 could live in those tiny little spaces was wild for me.

 This is part of fort for the little colony it as well was tiny. They said sometimes 30 men would sit inside.

 Then we left and went to the oldest church in Georgia. It was beautiful!
 I love brick walk ways. I think they are so gorgeous!
Then when we were leaving the church Aaron heard a band practicing so we went on a walk to find them and literally stumbled across some graves with the name "DISMUKE" which is my moms maiden name.  I was excited to get home and talk to my mom and find out if they were maybe family. Mom didn't know but knew that there was a lot of Dismukes that came south. I thought it was neat maybe my Mam-Maw's way of reminding me to do more family history. It was a great day and a even better 6 years. I look forward to a 100 more. I am a lucky girl to still have my heart go pitter patter every time he kisses me and even more lucky that I get to spend eternity with him! I love you Jammes!

2 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

Yea for a Happy Marriage! and YEa for Aaron. How sweet! You guys are an awesome couple! We totally should go out together! Our Anniversaries are so close together! Congartulations on 6 Awesome years!!

Kelly said...

Looks like a Wonderful way to Celebrate 6 years of Fun! You both look great in that pic.. love the glasses! Happy you were able to spend a lil time alone together! Nothing better than a date that is all planned for and all you have to do is look pretty! xoxoxo