Saturday, November 27, 2010

MY Mam-Maws house

j
  As you all know I am really a lucky lady. I have a amazing life with amazing people in it. MY Mam-Maw was to me one of the most amazing women ever.  She was fun and loving and she always smelled delightful. When I think of her I get happy. When I was little we moved to Florida for dads work but I was born in Virginia and that is were my moms family all is. So, for the summer we would get to go up to Virginia and stay with our family. I ALWAYS stayed at mam-maw's. It is my happy place. So when we went to Virginia last week I wanted to go to her old house and get a picture of my children on her front porch.  Everyone agreed we drove there and I got out, knocked on the front door..... crying. I pretty much begged her to take a picture and ended up that she was friends with my Mam-Maw and Papa. She shared some fun things with us and it was amazing!

 It changed it used to be red with white trim.
 My and Aunt Kathy and mom  were so cute. I watched them as the checked it out and I could tell all the memories that were coming. We all cried and Laughed. It was really a great day! I think Mam-Maw would have loved us being there and remembering the good things in life!


 Harris was most in love with the big swing and played and giggled while we all were emotional wrecks! He was a typical boy!
 The house....  when we would come up to visit I always remember her waiting inside in front of the big window. I can still see her there in my head.
 

 Across the street was a jiffy store called " the little giant" and I would do chores and at the end of the week get money and walk across the street to get candy.
I know this ditch seems like a odd thing to show but my favorite part of the walk was the ditch. Mam-Maw always made things up so that we could jump over it. I could have been a alligator or a Pirate. It was neat to watch my mom jump over that ditch as a mam-maw to my children.


It was a great day! After the emotional day we all came home to Aunt Kathy's and Abigail said she wanted to play "Mother May I?" Everyone volunteered and played.  I was the mother  and by the end Leigh had done beautiful ballet leaps, mom had done some giddy upped  like a horse, Jennifer had waddled like a penguin, and Aunt Kathy had twirled like a princess. It was soooo funny. The best part is I think Abi will always remember this trip and hopefully love Virginia like I do.

6 comments:

Janie Mueller said...

Oh Mandi, this brought tears to my eyes. I lOVE memories like this!! I am so happy you got to take your beautiful babies to where you had happy times! Glad you had a great trip:)

Nana said...

I, too, have fond memories of Virginia where I was born in the same hospital as your Mom. I will always love Virginia.

Anonymous said...

Lovely sharp post. Never thought that it was this easy. Extolment to you!

Katheryn said...

I think that is so sweet that you all got to visit the home of someone that you love so much. Sweet memories like that are the best!

Kelly said...

What a Awesome trip! I love your brave heart to go knock on the door and take a few family pic. What a treasure! I love sitting quietly thinking back to the days I was small and all the wonderful thing. I LOVE the songs you put on the blog.. some of my favorites. I love you... your little kiddos are so cute~

Anonymous said...

Grazie per questo post meraviglioso. Ammirando il tempo e l'impegno che mettete nel vostro blog e dettagliate informazioni vi offrono.