Monday, November 22, 2010

Virginia family time

My cousin matt, His mom Aunt Kathy, My cousins Leigh, Brittani, and Zach
Aunt Kathy and Leigh making Aunt Kathy's yummy Lasagna. It was the best I have ever had.





My cousin Chuck, his wife Mary and her son Robbie

et
Mom and Harris at the cemetery where Aunt Sissie is buried. I love the trees.


My little girl all cute! I smile sometimes because My aunt and mam-maw would have LOVED her.


 Last week we went on a girl trip to my favorite state..... Virginia. It is where I was born and every single memory I have there is a great one.  My mom, sister, and I with all our little ones had a amazing time. My Aunt Sissie passed away right before I  found out I was pregnant with Abigail. When I found out I was having a girl it was easy to decide to name her after my amazing aunt. Plus I was also named after her My middle name is Gail She was a amazing woman.  Always took care of everyone else. While we visited we had the time to go threw some of her things and divide them up. It was  odd and very therapeutic ! I have never laughed so hard or cried so much. It was a trip full of celebrating the passed and the present. My favorite day we went to the cemetery's where Aunt Sissie, mam-Maw, Papa, grandma Hazel and her husband were all  buried.  Plus went to my mam- Maws old home. I will share those pics later. It was emotional. Even though I have a testimony of the gospel to be in Virginia with out them is still weird and sad. On the drive home we had the most beautiful drive. The leafs and the trees are absolutely breathtaking. I felt it was a little reminder to celebrate life and enjoy every day because looking at how amazing nature is you can not help but feel that heavenly Father made all these gorgeous things. We came home after a emotional day and everyone gathered in the backyard and we all played "mother may I". We laughed and  twirled liked princess, jumped like frogs and spun like tornadoes.  It was a perfect day!

2 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

Glad you guys had a fun and safe trip!!

Casey Gentle said...

Yay for good family fun. Glad you're home, though!