Monday, December 7, 2009

Goals are a great thing!

I love Christmas. I love Christmas because everyone sets new goals. New goals for their family and themselves. Last year I set a goal for myself that I was going to save money for gifts each month instead of worrying and stressing about money last minuet and I wanted to get ALL of my shopping done before December. I decided I wanted enjoy and celebrate what Christmas is really about . So wait for it...... I COMPLETED MY GOAL! I have to say I am so proud of myself. I decorated my home, wrapped my presents and I stood back and smiled. I am so thrilled. Every single year I run around stressing and crazy looking for the perfect giftsBUT not this year. This year I am going remember just how lucky I am. I am going to think about the reason for the season. I can not wait to focus this Christmas on Jesus Christ, on doing service and enjoying my family.

6 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

Yeah for being done!!! Now what is your next goal going to be??? I love the tree!! Oh and yes I have presents you can wrap!!! =)

Kelly said...

WOW I have missed sooo Much! Happy Birthday Jen.. What Lucky Sisters!She has already Posted so you might have to pass the Happy wishes on to her!~
No way is Harris such a lil bug.. He is a mover and shaker.. busy boy! You better watch out he has things to do places to go...
I am Super Super proud of you... and Jealous... But I will try to get past that and just be Happy for you! Enjoy... I will be thinking of you as I am out beating the croud kicking my self for doing this again to myself.
That tree is darling!
Love Ya

adrienzgirl said...

That is so awesome Mandi! I am not done yet! :( But there is always next year!

Katheryn said...

You go girl! Your tree looks terrific. I think that I am most impressed that with a little crawler around you are brave enough to actually put the presents out there. I'm afraid to do that because I am pretty sure Layton would unwrap them all!!!!!!!!!

Casey Gentle said...

You are one determined black Friday shopper! Good job. I need to get on board for next year! Your tree looks great. I need to get my tree going too. Hopefully this week. But I'm telling you, if you go the Sunday (not that I would ever shop on Sunday) before Christmas, trees are like $30 for ANY size. :)

Laurel Shaw said...

You are the WOMAN!!!
Glas you can put your feet up. You deserve it!