Tuesday, December 22, 2009

who knew?

Friday my phone rang and it was our good friends Erin and Jason with news that her unexpected pregnancy was going a bit unexpected and that Jason was taking her to the hospital. She needed someone to watch Jake and I was more than excited to do so. I love Jake. What most of you do not know is that Abigail and Jakers share that exact same birthday 1 year apart. Erin and I had gotten to be good friends right after Aaron and I were married. Aaron and I were on a strict 3 year plan and had no intentions on have any little cuties of our own before then. We wanted to have a home of our own, I was having a nother surgery and we really were enjoying just being married. So whenever we got the urge for a little cutie to have around we would call and borrow Emma. When Erin went in to labor with Jake we were more than happy to watch Emma. I was thrilled because I put Emma's hair in pigtails and painted her nails and we were off to go met her baby brother. On March 14, 2005 I held a brand new baby. Aaron came and I remember looking at him holding Jake and thinking how badly I wanted to see him hold "our" child. Jake was tiny and happy and even surrounding the big surprise he gave his parents I looked at Erin and Jason I could not wait for 3 years to go by. Shortly after that in July we found out we were pregnant. We were pregnant on our 1 year anniversary. Funny how things work out. I just wanted to share because I watched Jake and Abigail playing and I thought back to the first time I held a brand new baby and how funny life is. I would have never guessed that on that day a year later I would be holding a welcomed surprise that would change my life forever That was all mine. I loved watching them together. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and not only gave me the opportunity to be a mommy but to have a lot of sweet children that I love and get to enjoy as well!

5 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

They are too cute playing together!

The Jackson Family said...

Well I must say I am glad your 3 year plan failed because I love our little Abigail!! You are so great for being such a good friend and watching Jake and Emma!

Laurel Shaw said...

Cool story. Isn't it funny how Heavenly Father says "Oh, you have a plan?!!" Well his plan is always better!!!! Right!

Brittney said...

Aw I love that top picture! They are so cute playing together!!! And that was really sweet of you to watch Emma and Jake! You are a really good friend for doing that! Love always, Britt :)

Katheryn said...

I love how life is on Heavenly Father's timeline and not ours. He knows whats best for us. And what was best for you guys was Abigail. She is so sweet that Heavenly Father just knew that you need her in your life sooner rather than later! Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!