Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Meet Max!

Here he is... Mr. Max ( like the show Ruby and Max). We went today and got him. Abi's first kitten. It was adorable. Aaron or myself was not completely sold on the idea. In fact to be honest I would have been 100% fine with never owning another animal. Abi wore us down then Mam-Maw joined in and before we knew it we were committed. I still am not entirely sure how it happened but it did. I have to say Abigail's reaction was and will be worth every second of having a kitten. There are those moments in life that I will never forget this was by a land slide one of them.
Her face was the best. For a good 5 minuets she giggled and laughed. IT WAS PERFECT!

Harris loved it as well. He walked by all of the cages and shock them all. Growling and giggling at each one.






We played with all the kittens. We went in looking for a girl Abigail was going to name Olivia and came out with Max. We let the kids play like they would normally and decided Max was the best fit for our family.





Signed all the papers, placed Max in his carrier, and were on our way home. Abigail consoled the little kitten all the way home. " oh kitty kitty do not cry I will take you home and love you" and " you can sleep with me don't be sad you will never see your sister again" ( he was in a cage with his sister who cried and cried when we took him). I am still being talked into the cat thing but I must say. He is really cute and fun! Thanks Mam-Maw and Papa from Abi she is in HEAVEN!



5 comments:

Kelly said...

SOOO Cute! Love the photo of Aby giggling... I am loving the Name "Max" we love Max and Ruby too. so fun. What a gift! She will never forget it! You might not either... ha! Hope the kitty sleeps tonight for you... and doesnt cry for his sister. Im sure Aby will give him all the love he needs! Happy times!

Janie Mueller said...

oh my..her expression is adorable. Enjoy the new kitty!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

I can't say that I would have had the same wonderful experience... our children will never have kittens with a Momma as allergic as me! Maybe we'll have a dog.

She looks so happy, though. What a fun and different birthday present!

Laurel Shaw said...

That is so adorable! Have fun!

Katheryn said...

Abi looks so cute in that picture with all the cages with her little hand over her mouth. Love her dress. So pretty. She is going to be a great little mommy to that kitten!