Sunday, March 28, 2010

Talks are great!

Most Sundays I end up outside chasing my busy- busy little man. I can not even remember the last time like most of my mom friends that I actually got to listen to a whole sacrament meeting. I am happy if I even catch a half of it. Every Saturday I plan ahead, get him busy, bring snacks, toys what ever I think of but it never works. Today I thought I actually got to listen to a Brother in our ward speak. It was on Christ and it was amazing. Harris has had a ear ache and been fussy so today I decided I would rock him in the mothers room and listen..... feel the spirit and listen. It worked! It was a great talk! I love being reminded that not only Christ but of the sacrifice of my Heavenly Fathers part for me. Nothing makes me want to work hard and be better than remembering the blessings I have been given. I love this time of year. I was all alone in the room holding my sweet sleeping son and got a little teary at how incredibly blessed and loved I am. I am so thankful for my life, and most importantly for the church and all the countless blessings and love I have the privilege of receiving. What a great way to head into Easter!

2 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

Cool Story. Glad you got hear the talk! My kids were out of control yesterday!Luclily Heavenly Father helped me the spirit at home. I love how Heavenly Father knows just what we need to hear!

Katheryn said...

Brother Luke's talk really was good, wasn't it? I'm glad you got to listen to it. It is so hard to do that when you have little ones. I hope Harris is feeling better today!