Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Bahamas, the ocean, and home

Our third day we docked in the Bahamas and were off shopping. I love a good deal, however this was the craziest place ever. It was fun and crazy! We walked around, shopped, and enjoyed the sites before getting back on the ship to eat some lunch and take the water taxi to the Atlantis hotel for our excursion. My favorite part was all the colors. Everything was a bright cheerful color. It looked like my house.





The Atlantis hotel was so nice. We did the tour threw the hotel and aquariums. It was worth every penny.








Our favorite part was walking threw the tunnel as sharks and sting rays swam over us.












Then we found Nemo and Both did and little squeal of happiness. Abigail loves Nemo..... and at that point we both we missing the kids.







Then we were told we were not alound to take pictures with the props so we waited for the tour group to go on and quickly ran around snapping pictures with all the props we could. It was hilarious.





























We decided we were going to skip the wait for the water taxi and took a normal taxi back. We had met a couple that were pro cruisers and had spent the whole time at the Atlantis with them. They were close to our parents age and knew all the great places to see and do. We had so much fun with them. Maurie and Doug..... we love you! We thought we were getting a taxi for the 4 of us.... we ended up fitting 13 people in a van I thought fit 7. They kept pulling out these seats and benchs it was amazing. Then the best thing happened. Aaron told me I was not the worst driver in the world, our taxi driver was. It was the funniest yet scariest experience I have ever had.











Then the nexy day we were at sea all day. We did bingo, trivia, and Aaron slept.












Then Friday we were back at our car and on our way to see the kids. It was so fun. I loved being with Aaron. Every second was romantic and fun. Once we were home and on our way to see the kids I was thrilled beyond words though. I missed them terribly. When Abigail came in the door she ran to me, Harris ran to Aaron and we loved them, then we switched kids and started all over. It was perfect. Thanks babe for the best get away ever. I am already dreaming about next time.













2 comments:

Laurel Shaw said...

i have loved seeing your vacation! it makes me want to have a get away so bad!! But i know coming back home to those little cutie pies was the highlite!!! Thanks for sharing!

Katheryn said...

Your vacation sounds so amazing! Now I want to go on one :) But you are so right about missing the kids. While it can be so much fun to be away from them, it always is so special to come home to them and love them!