Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mommy and me!

I was cleaning my kitchen and saw one of my favorite things and thought I would share. March is Abigail's birthday and this year Aaron had recently started at CSX and could not get the time off work. So we went to our local pottery painting place and spent some mommy and daughter time together. We must have walked around and looked at all of our options a million times before she decided on a mermaid and I decided on a plate.

We also promised each other that no matter how old she gets we will always paint pottery together for her birthday. I can not wait to watch how every year her mermaids or what ever her love is at the moment get more grown up. One day I hope to have a whole self full of all the goodies we paint together. I can not wait!

My favorite part of the day was watching her in deep thoughtfulness as she contemplated which colors she wanted to use and her creativeness come to life. I was also really in awe of my sweet little girl when she told me at the end of our day together that she painted the little mermaid just for me. I have the sweetest little cuties ever. I am so thankful for them and their love!!



3 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

Kamden had his birthday party last year at the one in Fleming Island. It was soooooo much fun! He got to put his hand print on the wall! Your little girl is getting so grown up! :)

Kelly said...

Oh what a Cute idea. I want to see the finished work... You must post it for us!
Oh she is too cute!

Ilene said...

What a cute idea. And something to take home to remember it. Make sure she puts a number on the bottom so you can remember how old she was.