Wednesday, October 28, 2009

.... the last of Savannah!

Here is the Oldest church in Savannah it was gorgeous, However every time we go we can not go in for one reason or another. This time there was a wedding. There were weddings every where it was really sweet.
The Girl Scout founders Juliette Gordon Lows House it was amazing all the old antiques and furniture.

After a day of sight seeing we debated were we should go with all these new fantasy restaurant we ended up at our favorite " Longhorns Steakhouse" This is Aaron he got some kind of steak he ate it all up.


This is mine I got a Parmesan Crusted chicken breas.t Oh it was yummy!




At dinner Aaron paid attention to me the whole night even with the Gator game going on in the bar next to us. He loves me!




We did the Ghost Tour. It was kinda cheesy but we had fun. This is the Most Hunted house in America. The Sorrel-Weed house. It was Creepy!




Us on the Ghost tour







The cemetery where all the civil war soldiers were buried. It was neat to walk around it and see all the really old tomb stones







We went Antique shopping. Aaron found this old shop that had all this Nazi stuff It was crazy! They Had everything that a Nazi would have carried on them. Neat to see but I am not sure something I would want to Collect.








We went to the #1 rated seafood restaurant in Georgia. It was neat. Everything was outside and right on the water. It was such nice day, the breeze was perfect, and to top it off the played my favorite singer Jack Johnson in the back ground the whole time.




















I did not realize that I would have to peel all my shrimp. I hate doing that. Luckily Aaron felt sorry for me and did all the dirty work for me.





































So on Sunday we went to the little Island Called "Tybee Island" We went to a old civil war fort That the Yankees took over after a long 2 day battle. None the less it was neat to see. Aaron saw the tree and knew it had his name all over it.














Tybee beach
When Aaron and I were dating he dared me to do a cart wheel so somehow every time we go to a national or state park I have to do a cart wheel. SO this is me doing a cart wheel. DO not ever dare me. I love a good dare!
The mote to the fort I thought it was pretty.
Ft. Pulaski
This is were all the the soldiers slept and they were filming a Robert Redford movie " The Conspirator" Which was neat to know.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness... it all looks so Fun and you fit so much fun into your weekend! The food looked good, the weather looked Beautiful, the Cart wheel looked AMAZING and most of all I could feel the LOVE you two have for each other!
What a Happy Anniversary!

Millie was looking at this with me and she said, "Oh I think they forgot to take Abby. I better go draw her a pic. to tell her I love her." So here she sits coloring for Abby. Can't promise Abby will ever see it but know Millie was very worried about Abby feeling the love for her!

adrienzgirl said...

You two are for sure the cutest couple!

The Jackson Family said...

Oh that chicken is sooo good!!! It looks like you guys had a blast in Savannah! I am glad you guys deserved it!!! And I had a great time watching your two beautiful children!!! =)

Casey Gentle said...

I do love Savannah...for reals. I love all the parks and the wonderful food! Honestly, I travel based on places I want to taste! Possibly why I love NYC so much. :) So glad to see you two had plenty of alone time, no stuttering!

Was Aaron the Jew intimidated looking at all that Nazi stuff? Good thing he's packin' the heat...just in case real Nazis recognized his Jew fro and star of David! I told Mark about the Nazi store and he is mega jealous! I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut!

Katheryn said...

Can I just say, I think the best part was the cart wheel! I am so going to have to think of something to dare you to do :) I am so jealous of this trip, by the way. Nathan has been promising me a trip to Savannah for the last couple of years and he still hasn't taken me. Maybe I'll just show him your blog post, then he'll see how much fun it is, and be inspired to take me!!!

Laurel Shaw said...

isn't it wonderful to still be crazy in love after so much time. Aaron is a great a guy and very smart to marry you!! Chris and I will be married 10 years in Nov. and i still can't believe that we found eachother! You guys are great together!

Erin said...

Jason and I did a ghost tour in St. Augustine - it was downright creepy.
I am so happy for you guys that you had such a great trip with fabulous food, fun times, and cartwheels!