Friday, October 9, 2009

My kids are lucky!!!

Growing up I had tons of family my dad is 1 of 16 children in his family. I knew ,I had a lot of family, aunts ,and uncles but for one reason or another I never really spent much time with a majority of them. My moms family was always a part of my life but they live in Virginia so when I was able to see them I made memories that I will always cherish. I had my Aunt Debbie and uncle Joe who to be honest were such a part of my life they are like a second pair of parents. With out a doubt they had a part in the Mandi that you all know. I also had my uncle Kenny who is my dads brother. Most of the time he worked or was single but growing up I always loved him. I can not really explain why. I would see him at family functions and Iknew that he loved me and my family.He loved and respected my dad and was always kind. In the last couple of years ( almost 4) My family has changes in a huge way. My parents now have 6 grand kids. Jen is married. Uncle Kenny is married to my Aunt Suzi who is great. I always try to be thankful for the wonderful life I have.
Yesterday I was cleaning up the house and I noticed Abigail was looking at the fridge where I have a lot of family photos. Abigail looks at me and says " Momma I have so many people that love me" I was so taken back my the comment. I grew up will great people that loved me. But she said " so many"Then I thought about it and realized how many people really do love my children and I got a little teary eyed in my kitchen. Because my kids and my nieces and nephews have more people than they could possibly name right here for them to build undeniable bonds and memories with. Isn't is funny that a 3 1/2 year little girl can give you so much to think about. I just wanted to say thank you to my family. You will never know who much I love and adore all of you. My kids are so blessed to have their dad's family Nanna and Grumps, Auntie "A", Auntie Rae, GG, and so many more. Then one my side they have Mam-Maw, Papa, Auntie Jen Jen, Uncle Shawn, Uncle Robbie, Nikki, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Joe, Aunt Suzi and Uncle Kenny, Aunt Karen and Uncle Eddie, Aunt Kathy, and Aunt Ginnie. I could not love you any more than I do. Thank you for loving my children!!!!


Here are some pics the family gathering we had last Saturday. Shawn really liked the chicken wings.

This the fish I caught Papa did all the dirty work. For the record Jen won the fish off but I think her and shawn had some kinda magic bait! =)



This is the Huge catfish that Shawn caught with his *Magic Bait*





Here is Lauren all girly and fishing!!




2 comments:

Ilene said...

Too true. Isn't it great how kids bring everything into perspective! Gotta love them!

Kelly said...

WOW... I never knew your Dad came from a family of 16 kids. AMAZING!
Yes... I would say your Kids/Family is LUCKY! Your kids Lucky to have family to watch, play, fish and take care them, Your Family Lucky to have two of the Cutest lil Monkeys around to love on! It was so Cute to see Abb's and Maizie and Millie "Hook Up" in the Primary room. It was like old lost friends sooo scxited to see each other. With squills, hugs, giggles I just sat back and couldn't help but smile myself!
I love that they love each other!