Monday, August 10, 2009

Aunts = good times!


So Most of you know my mom and well she is the BEST mom and mamaw that anyone could ask for but Saturday I went to the beach with 3 of my aunts and it came to me how lucky I was growing up to have these woman around me. So, I just wanted to share how much they mean to me.
Friday My dads brother my Uncle Eddie, his wife Aunt Karen and 2 of their 3 kids came in town for a great but quick trip. Friday we all went out to Chili's for dinner all 16 of us. Minus Aaron because of him being at work :( We had a great time. We laughed and enjoyed some great family company.

Then on Saturday we hit the beach. Just my family, my aunts , Allison and uncle Joe. Everyone else had things they had to do. We had so much fun. Aaron and Abi made sand castles. Abigail was a mermaid all day in the water. One person would bring her in and before I knew it she was flashing those baby blues and in the water with another family member. She is such a mess!



Harris does not look here like he is loving the beach but he really did. He was in Heaven!





This is my Aunt Debbie and I love her more than she will ever know. She was the one who girlified me growing up. All of the big and life changing moments she was there for. Really from prom dresses to wedding gowns. She was there for dating, all 19 surgeries, and graduation. She did my hair and makeup for all my dances up until my wedding day she made me feel and look beautiful. When I think of moments in my childhood I ALWAYS I think of her. We did slumber parties and she would french braid my hair and paint my nails. I look at kynleigh (Jens daughter) and think I want to have a relationship of simply love, fun and friendship with her. Like I had with Aunt Debbie. THANK YOU for all the good times, I love you for being there for the hard times and I can't wait to enjoy watching as you teach Abi all those same girly things! I Love you!

This is Aunt Karen she lives in Indiana. She is my uncle Eddies wife. For as long as I can remember I remember her. To some her up in a couple words GOOD TIME! I have never met a women who loves kids and enjoys being a aunt like her. Aunt Karen always has a word of encouragement and love. Her kids are amazing and she is a wonderful example of what a wife and mother should be. Aunt Karen thanks for all you do and I love you!


This is my Aunt Suzi she is as well my dad's brothers wife. I guess you could say she is the newest member to my Aunt clan but it certainly does not fell that way. I can not remember what life was with out her. My uncle Kenny was a great uncle with out her however how she has changed him is indescribable. I think Heavenly Father for her all the time.The 2 of them together I am sure they could conquer the world. Aunt Suzi is what I like to call a Hoot and a Half I do not know what we did for fun at family functions with out her. She is soooooo funny! Aunt Suzi loves my kids and spoils them rotten. Which is part of the reason why I love her but she has touched my life in a way I could never explain. I am so thankful for how she has brought my huge family together and filled gaps with only love and fun! I love you Aunt Suzi! Thanks for coming into my families life and making it a lot better!
Sorry for the long blog but I just wanted to take the chance to tell them I love them. To Aunt Ginnie and Kathy I love you, too! Thank you all for teaching me how to be a great wife and mommy!







2 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

Aunts do = good times! =) I know that Kynleigh loves you already so much and I know you will share alot of great moments with her like the ones that Aunt Debbie got to share. I am glad to have a sister who wants/is such a wonderful Auntie!

Casey Gentle said...

I certainly have some special aunts too! Because of them, I have tried my best to be there for my nieces and nephews any way possible. Oh you need brownies at school for your birthday? I'm on it!