Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh the things we wish we knew BEFORE we bought our house


Let me start by saying I love my darling home. I walked into it when we were looking and knew this would be our first home! I Love that Aaron and I worked hard to get it and got a excellent deal on it. I love that Abigail picked her purple room. I love that we went from a family of 3 to a family of 4 in this home. I love waking up and seeing my bright and cheerfully orange kitchen. However I HATE THAT OUR BACKYARD FLOODS. I know that is a seriously strong word but it drives me bonkers. I think what makes it even more bittersweet is that when we were closing and you have to tell everything that is wrong with the house we were told when it rains hard you get a LITTLE puddle. So I have to ask " Does that look like a LITTLE puddle to you guys?"

5 comments:

The Jackson Family said...

I thought of you guys tonight when we were going down Old Jennings and the road was flooded over... I was like "I would hate to see Mandis backyard right now". Any poor Coheed! Not having anywhere to rome.

Katheryn said...

Yeah, definitely not a LITTLE puddle. Does it stay around for along time after the rain is over?

Erin said...

I like that "little puddle". The rain was so bad last night that our street actually flooded. How was the front of your yard?!

Ilene said...

Your little puddle looks like the whole back yard! I'm sorry. That would drive me crazy too.

Casey Gentle said...

Wow, If I come by in my car, I'll be sure to park in your ditch out front! Cause that would really make Mark happy. Sorry you're in a flood zone. That is NEVER fun.